By Becca Torns-Barker
I love summer. I always have. It a season full of possibility: full of adventure, exploration, relaxation, and discovery. Life is almost on pause while we bask in the summer sun.
I don’t know about you, but in my house, with the coming of summer comes a whole new pace of life. Things slow down. Spring sports season ends, school lets out, and our imaginations fully engage. Summer vacations abound. It’s a magical time.
I hope the magic of summer finds you and your practice this summer, to enrich you, inspire you, and sustain you.
We have a lot yet to look forward to in 2017:
- June 25: Fairfield Half-Marathon
- July 19: Chapter meeting at the Radisson in Cromwell from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Signup Here
- Guest speakers fromChris Andresen from the Department of Public Health and Beau Thurnauer from the East Hartford Police Department will be joining us from 6:00p.m. to 6:30 p.m., to discuss how to report suspect or illicit massage therapists and establishments and walk us through the process.
- We will also offer two free CEs from 8:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., presented by Scott Raymond and Becca Torns-Barker. The class is Medical Marijuana: How it Affects Your Treatment Plan. We hope you’ll find this as fun and informational as Scott and I have!
- July 30: Sports team training with Steve Jurch
- August 27: Delegates meeting, where we prepare for National Convention.
- October 14: Hartford Marathon
New Upledger Institute Scholarship
As many of you are aware, John Matthew (JM) Upledger passed away on May 21, 2017. To continue his legacy and honor JM’s life work, the Upledger Institute has created a John Matthew Upledger Scholarship. Anyone wishing to donate to this scholarship may do so through the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation.
May you enjoy your summer.
I look forward to seeing you in July!