AMTA-Connecticut Chapter’s Mission & Purpose
The AMTA-CT Chapter advances the art, science, and practice of massage therapy by communicating information and research to our members and the public.
Members benefit from our professional development support, low-cost continuing educational opportunities and successful advocacy efforts. The public benefits from our Sports Massage, Emergency Response, and Community Service Teams.
AMTA-Connecticut Chapter’s Goals
- To increase awareness of massage and the massage therapy profession
- To advocate that massage provided to the public meets high standards
- To be a leader and a resource in and for the massage therapy community
- To enhance the professional development and personal growth of members
- To foster the growth, development, organizational effectiveness, and visibility of AMTA
- To increase member participation in the Connecticut Chapter
CT Chapter Meetings are held quarterly.
Our Chapter’s History
“Small But Mighty” article in Massage Therapy Journal 1993 [.pdf]