By Becca Torns-Barker
AMTA-CT President, LMT 4111
Did You Know?
That the CT Chapter offers you benefits far beyond what National requires of us? Here is what we are required to offer:
- Three newsletters a year (We offer four)
- One community building event (We offer four)
- One annual membership meeting (We offer four)
In addition, we offer:
- A lobbyist to help us advance the perception of massage in the state legislative body
- Three FREE education events
- One low-cost education conference, including an exhibit hall and national-level educators
- CSMT team
- SMT team
All of these programs have all become a solid part of our chapter community culture.
Many of you ask WHY we spend our time volunteering for this non-profit organization. Well, for many reasons!
- We believe in this organization
- We need a voice at the Capitol, and need to have a say in legislation that effects us
- We have learned skills FAR beyond what we use in our practice, which grows us professionally
- We built our practices through volunteerism!!! Every member of chapter leadership has obtained a paid massage job by volunteering at AMTA events.
Want to be a part of this AMAZING team of leaders? It’s a few hours a week, done at home, plus attending the four chapter meetings, and if it’s a Board position, attending the five Board meetings (conference call available).
- Someone to coordinate awards
- Someone to coordinate the activities of the Sports Massage Team
- Someone to coordinate the email communications of the chapter
- Someone to coordinate the education and membership events
Please reach out to PresidentAMTACT@gmail.com and ask for more information. We’d love to welcome some new blood to the leadership team. In addition, this fall, we’ll be having a chapter workshop (for chapter leaders) to help set the goals for the chapter in the next four years. This is a great time to join the team and truly make an impact in the direction of the chapter.