Members Who Make Us Proud!
Is there a CT AMTA member you know who you would like to see recognized for a job well done? Do you know someone who deserves ‘thanks’? Each year we take pleasure in honoring deserving individuals during our Annual Chapter meeting through Awards and Certificates of Appreciation. It is important and it is fun!
If you know of someone who deserves consideration, we would like to hear from you. Please email MembershipAMTACT@gmail.com for more information.
AMTA CT Chapter Award and Recognition Summaries
- Chapter Meritorious Award: This is a national award given to a chapter member. It is selected by the chapter to recognize someone that has gone above and beyond the call of duty to promote the CT AMTA, massage therapy, and the profession in general. People can receive this award multiple times.
- Outstanding Committee Member: This award recognized a current member that has displayed superior effort, commitment and dedication to a particular committee or workgroup on which they serve.
- Outstanding Committee Award:This award recognizes a current committee for its work and dedication to the goals and objectives of the CT Chapter.
- Community Service Award: This Award is given to a person or organization that has been instrumental in supporting the CT Chapter of the AMTA and the massage therapy community at large.
- Certificates of Appreciation: Any number of these certificates can be awarded for outstanding service to the chapter in various situations or programs. If someone has made an impact on you tell us about them. Certificates of Appreciation are presented at the annual meeting.
National awards are presented at the AMTA National Convention each year. Awards are given to both the chapter and to individuals.
In 2012 our CT Chapter received the following awards:
In 2011, the AMTA CT Chapter received:
- The CT Chapter Meritorious Award goes to our Immediate Past President Scott Raymond
- The Give the Chapters a Hand Award of Excellence - 5 Hands Award (the highest award) in the Extra Large Chapter Category
- The Give the Chapters a Hand Award of Excellence for excellence in member programming for Community Service & Fundraising in the Extra Large Chapter Category.
- The Give the Chapters a Hand - 5 Hands for Overall Excellence (the highest award) in the Extra Large Chapter Category
- The Give the Chapters a Hand - for excellence in member programming for Community Service & Fundraising in the Extra Large Chapter Category
- Lee Stang for Outstanding Volunteer - For Revamping of the Policy Manual Operations Committee.
- The Sports Massage Achiever Award was given to Laura Stevenson-Flom.